The Heart of the Sauna Experience
Traditional woodburning saunas really go to the heart of the pure sauna experience: the incomparably soft heat, lush hiss of steam and relaxing crackle of a wood-fueled fire... even the ritual of tending the fire. It is a heritage sauna enthusiasts have treasured for thousands of years. Captured and reinterpreted for modern living in today’s Helo wood burning heaters.
The "Coanda" Effect
The patented air channeling system between the outer shroud and inner firebox allows heated air to efficiently pass through the rock chamber for faster and more even heating of the rocks. This improves steam generation and air circulation in the sauna. As the fire dies down, the firebox walls cool and the air stops rising through the rock compartment and is redirected to the side vents. We call this the “Coanda” effect. The stones retain their heat longer, providing long-lasting comfort while using firewood as efficiently as possible.
Helo Woodburning Sauna Heaters Feature:
- No electricity needed—perfect for cabins or remote locations
- Outer shield finished in heat resistant paint and stainless steel (KS models) looks great and contributes to softer heat
- Large rock capacity means soft heat/steam
- Patented ‘Coanda’ air ventilation system for long steel life and quick efficient heating time (KS models)
- Removable ash pan
- Interior or exterior feed options
- Chimney outlet out the top or back
- Optional enclosed stainless steel water tank
- For saunas from 200 cu. ft. to 1412 cu. Ft.
- Quality construction: heavy duty steel interior
- CE safety listed (most models)